Did you know – 500,000 tonnes of carpet are buried in landfill in the UK every year! There has to be another solution.
- Recycling one square foot of carpet can save 1/27 gallons of oil, 2,900,000/567 btus of energy, 4/27 acres (19,360/3 square feet) of land pollution
- Recycling one square yard of carpet can save 1/3 gallons of oil, 2,900,000/63 btus of energy, 80/9 tons of CO2, 8.9 gallons of H2O, 4/3 acres of land pollution
- Recycling one square mile of carpet can save 3,097,600/3 gallons of oil, 8,983,040,000,000/63 btus of energy, 27,568,640 gallons of H2O, 19,360/3 square miles of land pollution
- Recycling one acre of carpet can save 4,840/3 gallons of oil, 121/12 square miles of land pollution,
- Recycling one square meter of carpet can save 9,625/5,832 liters of oil, 182,875/8,748 kWh of energy, 26,125/8,748 pounds of Al, 19,360/3 square meters of land pollution
- Recycling one square kilometer of carpet can save 1,203,125,000/729 liters of oil, 19,360/3 square kilometers of land pollution
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.